BSc (Hons) Ost., D.O.M.P., MLD
Deanna moved to Vancouver Island in December of 2014 and is enjoying her newfound home to helping the residents of Oceanside area that want to enhance their wellbeing or recover from an injury or surgery and return to their normal state of health.
Deanna has been a health practitioner since 1993, first in the Kitchener-Waterloo region of Ontario prior to moving to the Oceanside area. She completed a 5 year part-time program at the Canadian College of Osteopathy in Toronto in 2005. She then completed her designation as an Osteopathic Manual Practitioner in 2008, after conducting and defending her quantitative (measured) thesis – “The Impact of Osteopathic Treatment on the Central Line of Gravity in Women with Tongue Piercing: A Pilot Study”. She continually updates her education often, as seen in the “other courses completed” segment below, along with completing a conversion course from London Metropolitan University facilitated by the British College of Osteopathic Medicine for her BSc (Hons) Osteopathy in 2013.
She also specializes in Manual Lymph Drainage using the Vodder method completing her certificate in Walschee, Austria home of the Vodder School in 1994. This was only a year after graduating Massage school in 1993 at D’Arcy Lane Institute in London, Ontario where she held the RMT designation for 19 years till December 2012. She has acquired knowledge along with experience in EFT, Acupuncture, Applied Kinesiology, Therapeutic Ultrasound and Reiki after taking these courses throughout the years.
Deanna is currently a member and board member with OsteopathyBC/Society for the Promotion of Manual Practice Osteopathy (SPMPO) in British Columbia and an associate member with the Ontario Association of Osteopathic Manual Practice.
Deanna is a member of the Rotary Club of Qualicum Beach Sunrise Group and she enjoys playing hockey, activities involving nature, working out especially with TRX, biking, travelling and of course walking her two dogs Merlin and Arthur.
Deanna loves continuing to learn and to help treat her patients more efficiently.
Advanced Osteopathic and Other Courses Completed:
– Pediatric Course with Alain Bouchard
– Palpable Osteopathy: Optimize Your Osteopathic Practice with Robert Morelli DOMP
– The Still Techniques with Dr. Pierre J. Bachand
– Normalizing the Abdominal Brain and the Harmonization of the Brain-Intestine Axis
– Intro to Biomechanic Functional Biodynamic Course
– The Growing Skull and the Injured Child
– Paediatrics Course
– How to successfully evaluate patients with whiplash
– AAMET Combined Levels 1&2 EFT
– The Osteopathic Approach of John Martin Little
– Aquastretch Course – Myofascial Release in the water
– London Metropolitan University facilitated by BCOM London England-BSc (Hons) Osteopathy Conversion Course
– Workshop on Fasciae
– Teach to Reach
– Osteo-articular Adjusting Minimal Lever
– Ligamentous Articular Strain and Advanced
– Orthopedic Assessment of the Musculosketal Systems I & II
– Structural/Functional: Integrated approach to spinal assessment & treatment
– Endocranial Spasm III
– Endocranial Spasm I&II
– Osteopathic clinical embryology workshop
– The therapeutic effectiveness of osteopathy